Bermuda's first official GeoTour adventure starts here!
Welcome to the Bermuda Conservation GeoTour. This self-guided adventure will take you 'off the beaten path', into some of Bermuda's most spectacular parks and nature reserves. Experience the beaches, coastline and woodlands that make up Bermuda's unique environment and learn about some of our most important conservation projects.
The Department of Environment is committed 'to protect Bermuda's environment and responsibly manage its natural resources.' With the help of the Bermuda Island Geocachers (BIG) we have established this GeoTour in hopes of raising awareness about the importance of conservation in Bermuda to both our residents and visitors.
What is a GeoTour?
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache, which is a cleverly hidden water-proof container. This GeoTour is a series of 18 hidden geocaches. Find all 18 and you earn a beautiful Conservation GeoCoin!
Your GeoTour adventure can start WHEREVER and WHENEVER you want. We'll keep the geocaches out there ready and waiting for you!
HOW TO PLAY:
1. Pick up a copy of the GeoTour Passport from the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ)
2. If you are not already registered to geocache go to www.geocaching.com to create your FREE login account.
3. Download the geocache coordinates to your GPS unit or mobile device at www.geocaching.com/adventures/geotours/bermuda-conservation
*Don't have a GPS device? Find information on buying a GPS device at www.geocaching.com/about/buying.aspx
*Using a Smart Phone with GPS? Find the Geocaching app for your phone at www.geocaching.com/live
4. Use the coordinates to find all 18 geocaches hidden across the islands.
-Remember, you can start at whichever geocache you want, no need to go in the order listed.
5. Write down the code word in your passport.