Your Bermuda Geocaching Adventure starts here!
The Department of Environment and Natural resources thinks geocaching is a fantastic way to explore Bermuda! This self-guided adventure will take you 'off the beaten path', into some of Bermuda's most spectacular parks and nature reserves. Experience the beaches, coastline and woodlands that make up Bermuda's unique environment and learn about some of our most important conservation projects.
The Department of Environment is committed 'to protect Bermuda's environment and responsibly manage its natural resources.' With the help of the Bermuda Island Geocachers (BIG) we have hidden 17 geocaches in hopes of raising awareness about the importance of conservation in Bermuda to both our residents and visitors.
What is a Geocaching?
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache, which is a cleverly hidden water-proof container.
Start WHEREVER and WHENEVER you want. We'll keep the geocaches out there ready and waiting for you!
HOW TO PLAY:
1. Pick up a copy of our Geocaching Adventure Passport from the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ)
2. Create a FREE account at www.geocaching.com to view a map of the geocaches near you.
3. Find the Bermuda Geocache Series list
- Upload the list straight to your GPS or copy the list into 'My Lists' within your Geocaching account and you'll see the list when you open the Geocaching App on your phone.
4. Use your GPS or the Geocaching app to navigate to the geocaches in our series.
*Find the app for your phone at www.geocaching.com/live
*Looking to purchase a GPS device? Find information on buying a GPS device at www.geocaching.com/about/buying.aspx
5. Find all 17 geocaches hidden across the islands.
*Remember, you can start at whichever geocache you want, no need to go in the order listed.
6. Write down the code word in your passport.
7. Take your completed Passport to the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ) to receive your Conservation GeoCoin!