Apply for a Construction Permit and Operating Licence

To apply for a construction permit or operating licence for a controlled plant you must complete the application and submit it with the appropriate fee.

Drop off the application forms in person at one of the following locations:

Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Botanical Gardens 169 South Road, Paget


General Administration Building, 30 Parliament St, Pembroke


These fees are in effect as of 1 April 2016:

  • Operating licence : $82 annually
  • Construction permit: $190

You can pay the licencing clerks and they can check to see that all information is in order without otherwise causing delays to the process.

To complete this application, you will need to make sure you have the following information:

  • Agent mailing address and contact information

  • Details on proposed location of controlled plant

  • Details on the type of controlled plant

  • Information on electrical generators

  • Information on sewage treatment plants

Construction permits must be advertised in the Official Gazette for potential objections and opportunities for rebuttal. The Department of the Environment and Natural Resources may also contact you for additional technical information.